Thursday 19 March 2015

TalkFracking appear to be encouraging their followers to assault academics


Associated with the "Frackademics" report I discussed in my previous post, the following image has been posted by TalkFracking on their Facebook page:


I'm fairly certain that throwing oil on someone is an assault. I'm not a lawyer, but posting "We hope you get exactly what you deserve" alongside a mock-up of an academic being assaulted could well be considered incitement.

So TalkFracking now seem to be encouraging their followers to physically assault academics! Charming bunch...

2 comments:

  1. I have reported this as an incitement to hate crime to the Metropolitan Police.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome to do as you wish. As above, I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know exactly where the line is in terms of a criminal offence. I personally don't feel threatened. And frankly I have better things to do with my time, so I'm not going to do anything more than write a blog post about it.

      However, I have been informed that our university security staff had been made aware of this incident, and so were keeping an eye out for potential troublemakers (nothing happened at Bristol).

      Delete